Monday, March 2, 2009

Feeling full

Since the last time I posted anything on my blog, it seems our lives have been quite full. Perhaps it is appropriate for the month of love that I've been quite focused on relationships.

Starting with family - JJ turned 15 - uugh! Now he has his driver's permit and I admit, I do not like teaching anyone to drive. This experience is only slightly better than potty training and weaning. We didn't do a huge celebration for his birthday because that day started the performances of the play both boys were part of. The play ran 3 nights, we went to see it the second night. The actors all did a great job and it was enjoyable, but I am so glad it's over! It's nice to have some time with my children again. The last night of the play was an ugly night though. I could give gory details to anyone who wants to call me, but I'll just say both boys got in big trouble and none of us got much sleep that night. Now we really get to spend more time together because both boys are grounded!

My ex-brother-in-law and his wife, who I actually consider my sister and brother, and their 5 kids came from the mountains of CO to see the play the boys were in. Then we were all invited to the ex-in-law's house for dinner. There have been some issues with the family lately, but really, it says a lot that we (including hubby) were welcome in their home. I thank God that despite stress and strains, we are still able to get along. I still have a great relationship with my brother and sister and we all enjoyed some great music as sis is a wonderful and unique musician.

Hubby and I have been developing some new relationships recently mostly through the churches we have been attending. We have started attending a small group for couples too and watched the movie "Fireproof." If you haven't seen that, you need to especially if you are married! We are enjoying all this.

Most of you have probably seen that I have become team captain for my office's Relay for Life team. I have also been trying to work more on my Avon business too. Guess what both of these things revolve around? While the obvious answer seems to be money, it really involves relationships. The relationships I have or have had with those who have been diagnosed with cancer is what really causes me to be involved in Relay to begin with. It's why I do it. Avon is similar. The cause may not be as noble, but I like the relationships I make with my customers and my downline.

Friday night I went to a friend's 40th birthday party with another friend. We discussed the people who were there and what kind of people would be at such a party we might have (this in NO WAY indicates I would like to have a 40th party later this year!). I think both of us felt we really do have a nice assortment of friends.

As you can see, my time has been quite full with all of this recently. Saturday, I actually had time to slow down and be lazy. I didn't leave my house all day. Yesterday we had a great day at church and in the evening my parents came over for dinner. So the weekend was relaxing and comfy and refreshing. As a result, today I feel full in a different way. I feel full of blessings. Looking back at all these relationships, I feel loved and am so thankful to God for all those I have relationships with.

1 comment:

wyowedls said...

T and I LOVED Fireproof.

In fact, he and I started a new Sunday School class this last week called, The 40 Days of Love. I know, I know I said that we were going to ditch, but we really wanted to be in on the ground floor of this new class.