Saturday, January 3, 2009

Holiday Bliss



We completely enjoyed our holiday celebrations. It was a little strange how hubby and I had to work around the holidays, but we both got Christmas, the day after, and New Year's Day off. Christmas Eve was spent with my family. For the first time ever I think, my brother-in-law joined us for dinner at my parents' house so both our families were there. This was special to all of us, but my mom especially felt having her whole family together was the best Christmas present. We enjoyed our traditional Swedish dishes of Lutefisk and Potato Bologne. On Christmas day we opened our presents at home and my parents joined us for that. Then we went to hubby's parent's house and my parents came too. We had a wonderful dinner and more presents. We were really tired from staying up too late the night before, but it was an enjoyable day. We stayed overnight there but my parents went on to Denver for their own special event the next day. I was finally able to finish up a book, "Three Little Words" in those two days. The book was very good and gave me a lot of insight into foster care and what the children I work with go through.

The worst gift I got for Christmas was the hives. I have never had them before and don't really know what caused them, but suspect a virus. I had a lot of itchy days between the two holidays.

New Year's Eve we had my parents over again and another family. We all enjoyed just "hanging out" and eating. We had shrimp galore, summer sausage, cheese and crackers, veggie tray, and a specialty dish from hubby's cajun background, Boudin. It is a spicy sort of sausage. New Year's day we spent watching movies and being total bums! It was great!! So, I guess 2009 is off to a good start.

1 comment:

TamiJ said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed the holiday! Good for you! You certainly deserved some down time. Hope you feel refreshed now for the New Year!
Love ya!