It's only been in the last few years that I have begun to watch and enjoy football. So pardon my ignorance and amazement and what I now see!
As I began watching football, it took a bit for me to be able to sit and watch the whole game. By the end of the game I was ready for it to be over. As we got down to the last 5 minutes or less, I would always be tempted to stop watching. If there was a big point spread I would often think, it's pretty clear who is going to win. I quickly learned how wrong that is. Everything can change in the last few minutes. This concept was renewed in my mind on Friday. I was tired and hungry near the end of the day and the end of the East/Central football game. In the last few minutes the score was East 21 and Central 7. I thought it's pretty clear East will win. Should I go home? A lot of people did go home. I stayed and in the end East did win, but Central scored one more touchdown so the game ended 21-14. I was glad I saw the end.
As I put together the group of 54 women to go to Women of Faith, I feel as if I am watching the last few minutes of a football game. It's 2 weeks to the conference. Tickets were paid for about 6 weeks ago. I thought I had it all figured out a few times. But then someone cancels and someone else wants to go. The game keeps changing! I'm not completely sure who the "winners" (those who go to the conference) are going to be. It has been my prayer all along that those who need to be there, will be; those who should win, will. I am just trying to enjoy the end of the game.
No comments:
Post a Comment