Friday we went and picked up my 2 step-sons at our meeting point, Rawlins. Let me tell you, the roads were dry most of the way there, but we hit a sort of wall of snow and wind about 20 miles from Rawlins. Knowing how hubby hates to drive in that I offered to drive back. BIG MISTAKE! All the way home it was terrible, I could hardly see the road. Our drive took 3 1/2 hours when it would normally only take about 2. It was the worst I've ever driven in. But the boys, 14 and 9, were good.
Saturday the older one had a hockey tournament so we watched 2 games and this morning he had one more in Laramie that hubby took him to while I was at church. We are really enjoying the games and son is a good player.
This afternoon we went with The Salvation Army to 3 different nursing homes to distribute gifts and sing Christmas carols. We are pretty wiped out, but tonight our church is having a special Christmas music service and I have to go and sing. I think everyone else will stay home.
Oh, in case 5 children isn't enough, we're also dog-sitting for our neighbors. Another arctic front came in and although it hasn't dipped below zero, we are keeping the dogs inside as much as possible.
At this moment I sit in front of the fire in a recliner with my laptop while hubby is dozing on the gorilla bag. MJ is at work, JJ is at his girlfriends, the 2 other boys are downstairs with the girl and the dogs. I have a very brief moment of peace. Believe me, I'm savoring it!
1 comment:
Now you appreciate those pictures that I put on the blog. Same stretch of road! That is why they have lowered the speed limit, but why? Who the heck can drive any faster than 35? Good job for being safe, but it really wears you out. Have fun with the step-boys. :)
Post a Comment